Your corporate membership in EPAC means you are supporting an Association whose mandate is to represent and advance the interests of the upstream oil and gas industry. We represent our members to governments, regulators, the media, community leaders and the general public.
Our goal is to preserve and enhance the fiscal, regulatory and operating environment for our member companies and to help shape government policies, which will support a thriving, and prosperous upstream oil and gas sector. Our work is concentrated in the following areas:
- The key focus of EPAC is to advocate on behalf of our member companies.
- EPAC works with federal and provincial governments and regulators to develop public policy and a fiscal and regulatory framework that supports a thriving junior and mid-sized oil and gas sector.
- EPAC meets regularly with federal and provincial cabinet ministers and other politicians, as well as senior bureaucrats and regulators, to ensure that the views and perspectives of our members are understood.
- We work collaboratively with other industry associations to advance the upstream oil and gas industry's interests and we act independently on issues that are uniquely vital to our members.
- EPAC is proactive in our media approach and our policy is to respond promptly to media inquiries. Our goal is to assist the media in acquiring the facts and insight they need to present a balanced and accurate picture on issues affecting our sector.
- From time to time, EPAC will engage in public speaking opportunities or contribute articles to publications that afford the opportunity to present our views to a wider audience.
- EPAC distributes a frequent newsletter by email to member companies, providing relevant information and events for junior and mid-sized oil and gas producers.
- EPAC also publishes the Explorer magazine twice a yearÂ in the Fall / Winter and Spring / Summer. The Explorer examines issues and trends affecting Canada's junior and mid-sized oil and gas producers as well as companies that do business with our sector.
- EPAC's website provides relevant information about the 'business of oil and gas,' from commodity prices and financial markets information to news items about EPAC companies and government announcements. The 'members only' section of our website provides additional resources, including archived newletters and Explorer magazine editions; our Associate Members' Products and Services Directory; Transportation of Dangerous Goods permits, and other member tools and information.
- EPAC's 'signature event' is our Investor Showcase. This eventÂ is held in downtown Calgary in late spring. The Showcase features a line-up of Canada's most dynamic junior and mid-sized oil and gas producers who present their plans and prospects to an audience of oil and gas analysts, investors and media.
- EPAC also hosts Speaker Series events that feature leading speakers on a variety of oil and gas topics. These events are great opportunities to network with other EPAC members.
- EPAC holds its Annual General Meeting and members' reception once a year.
Additional Membership Features
- Member companies are eligible for EPAC's blanket Transportation of Dangerous Goods Permits (Alberta and Federal).
- Employees from member companies with relevant expertise may have the opportunity to volunteer on committees and working groups.
Membership Features for our non- Producer Associate Members
- EPAC applies your membership dues to support the lobbying and communications work we do on behalf of the entire upstream industry.
- EPAC provides opportunities for our Associate Members to raise their profiles with our Producer Members through the following:
- Only member companies may purchase advertising in our Explorer magazine. Go here to view the advertising rates for the Explorer magazine.
- Only member companies may sponsor EPAC events, including the Investor Showcase and Speaker Series luncheons.
- Only Associate Member companies are listed in EPAC's Associate Member Products and Services Directory, accessible via the members-only log in page on our website.